Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Two Years Ago

Today is our second wedding anniversary!  Kyle and I are thankful for the many joys that come with marriage and the continual refining that the Lord is doing in us.  It is an undeserving gift that Kyle and I get to share our life together and it is a beautiful display of God's goodness and love.

In the last two years God brought us through college, to Sunset Farms and He gave us a daughter! His blessings are beyond comparison.  I would have laughed if you told me that today Kyle and I would be farmers and that we would want to have our own farm one day! I also would have given you quite a look if you told me that we would be parents this soon! At the time, we figured we would have our first child somewhere around three to five years after being married.  God changed our hearts and I am thankful He did.

Today I am recreating our wedding cake which was chocolate with chocolate icing and raspberry filling!  I plan to put a "2" on the top in some form or fashion. This is by far my favorite type of cake and I haven't had it since our wedding so I am pretty pumped! I am dreaming of it becoming an anniversary tradition. It's perfect: I love to bake, Kyle loves to eat cake, and in the years to come I'm thinking Adah and her siblings won't mind eating it either! But before I go and get too crazy and commit to opening a bakery or something I will attempt this one cake and see how it goes. 




1 comment:

  1. congrats on 2 years!! i love the color of your bridesmaid dress and enjoy eating the cake it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete