Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Farmer's Market

 Until yesterday I hadn't been to the Saturday Farmer's Market with Kyle since September due to being majorly pregnant and then having a newborn baby to care for.  I have missed going and seeing the other vendors and customers I have gotten to know and I've missed getting to sell the beautiful produce Kyle and Chris have grown for Sunset Farms.  Market is a lot of work but it is also a lot of fun and it is so rewarding and such a blessing to be able to provide the best food for people and their families.  I have also missed just getting to go with Kyle and setting up, selling things and taking down our stand together.  Now the winter market is going on and it runs from 10-12 on Saturday mornings with set up starting at 9.  Due to the beautiful, warm weather yesterday Adah and I decided to make an appearance at the last market of 2011.  It was so great to be there!  Everyone was excited to meet Adah and I enjoyed getting to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while.  We weren't so much help with setting up and such (Kyle basically did everything) but we were able to walk around and visit with people and Kyle and I both enjoyed getting to be at market as a family again.  Our pork sales were particularly high.  Maybe it was because eating pork brings luck for the new year or maybe it was because people were attracted to the cute baby at our stand, I don't know?!  Adah wore a hat her Great-Nana made her and an outfit made by Mike who owns Terra Clotha and sells at the market.  You can find some of his stuff on etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/terraclotha but he has a greater variety of items at the market.


No comments:

Post a Comment