Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In spite of the weather:

In order to combat these overcast skies lingering in lower alamance county (LA), I am going to write about what is good and beautiful today.

In our front yard I have been loving a beautiful tree with brilliant orange leaves.  Sadly it is shedding its leaves far too quickly.  With the wind today I am afraid most of the leaves are gone. I had hoped it would last longer!

Much to my surprise I also have been loving Taylor Swift's new album, "Speak Now".  If someone told me a year ago that I would go out and spend money on a Taylor Swift cd and then procede to blare it throughout the house and car while washing dishes to it, dancing to it, etc I would have told that person they were crazy. But it has happened and I cannot deny that I love it! So for any of you who happen to think T Swift isn't your style...let down your defenses and give "Speak Now" a chance.

Another something I have been loving is a book about the life of Husdon Taylor who was a English missionary to Inland China in the 1800s (which I did not know before reading the book).  Kyle was given the book last year and neither of us had read it, but for some reason the other day I was looking over all the books on the shelf and I grabbed it and haven't been able to put it down! I have no deep love for China or the 1800s era, but I do have a deep love for Jesus and so does Hudson Taylor! Reading about his life and his heart for God has been so encouraging to me and my faith and life in Jesus. And honestly this is the first time I have read much about China and I am now interested. The book is "Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret" and it rocks. Let me know if you wanna borrow it, at the rate I am going I should be done in a few days :)

Another fun new thing that I have been doing is making cards. I love stationary. I love journals. I love paper. And I love cards. Turns out, I love making cards too! Who knew?! I have high hopes for making cards for my family and friends for the nearing gift giving season in hopes of spreading my love of cards to them!

In the past couple weeks the Stenersen home has been blessed with having many visitors who have brought joy to us.  Two weekends ago my mom and her friend Christine came to visit. They came by the Durham Farmer's Market first and hung out with us there then I went with them to the new Tanger outlets that just opened near my house. It was the first weekend the outlets were opened (we didn't think too much of it) and we had an exciting adventure that wasn't long lived due to the insane amount of shoppers there.   Loved spending time with Christine, my second mom, it had been too long. My sweet friend Caroline came to see the farm and have dinner with us last week and we loved catching up with her and sharing stories. Thanks to her I now have someone who can sympathize with me about how creepy and daunting the basement is, thanks Caro! My Nana and her friend Craig were driving across the country from Washington State to Oak Island, NC and stopped in for the night as they were passing through this past Saturday.  We hadn't seen them since our wedding and it was so sweet to spend time with them.  My sister Lauren came over from Winston-Salem to share dinner with us and hang out and it was so good seeing and being with her too! It also happened to be the night of our friend's birthday and we were babysitting two of his children so there was a lot going on! Eston and Adela were joyful and wide open, constantly giggling and playing and they really enjoyed my sister and Nana and Craig too! My heart is thankful for all our sweet family and friends and getting to spend time with them. God is so good!

Christine loved Snowball, the farm cat


Here are some pictures from helping Kyle with the afternoon chores today (feeding and watering cows, chickens and hens and gathering eggs)!

Harley, the Murray's pet dog

Meet Salatin, she lives in the field and protects everything!
I love her. 

This is Lavender the farms newest addition and first milk cow!
Behind her is one of three calves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment