Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

My Belly is HUGE

Kyle and I cannot believe it is already September and that will be meeting our son or daughter so soon! We are getting more and more excited to meet our lil one and more and more anxious to know if they will be a he or a she! It is crazy that the baby really could come anytime from now or 6 weeks from now, it is really up to them and when they are ready to come out.  After our 36 week appointment we will be having appointments every week until the baby comes. We have three more classes for our Bradley Birth class.  We have met twice with our friend Kellay Raye aka our doula and are so excited about her being a part of our child's birth, not to mention thankful!  Her knowledge and passion for childbirth is such a blessing to us.  Check out her website if you are curious about what a doula is or if you live in the triangle area and are in need of a doula... ohbabydoula.weebly.com I have started thinking about packing our bag for the Birth Center and getting together some things that we may need in the car for our 40 minute drive.  I have been trying to picture us in labor and picture what the heck a contraction will be like and I honestly have no clue...I guess I will know soon enough.  I feel great assurance, confidence and comfort knowing that Kyle will be with me the whole time and that Kellay will be there to help us too.  Not to mention that I am completely out of control as to how labor will go and that I constantly have to commit my trust in Jesus and rest in the Truth that He will be with us the entire time and that He cares for us.  I receive peace only after committing my worries and fears to Him throughout the days whenever they rise up. His peace is so good.

I've added some pictures of the baby's room thus far.  I have had fun working in there and getting the room arranged just right.  The room used to be our guest bedroom and will now act as both baby room and guest room (I am thankful for how big of a room it is).  There are still some plans I have for what I want above the crib and not to mention actual bedding for the crib and a bunch of other knick knacks we still need to get.  But overall the room has come a long way and is ready to welcome babe.  We also have a wooden cradle in our bedroom where newborn babe will sleep.  My grandfather, aunt, uncle, mother, sister and myself have all slept in the cradle (maybe some cousins too).  It's really amazing that our baby will now sleep in it, I love stuff like that!

Friends I know from college, Caroline and Danielle came to the farm to visit not long ago and we had such a sweet time together.  It was so good to get to catch up with them and to get to visit with them face to face.  I am thankful Raleigh isn't so far from here and allows for such times.  We had fun checking out the pigs who are now huge (like someone else I know) and aren't so cute and cuddly anymore.  Pigs are pretty hilarious to watch, they really remind me of fat dogs and are so aggressive when it comes to eating.  When Kyle was feeding them two ran through his legs, knocked him off his feet and he landed sitting on their backs! They also nibble at his feet every time he goes in to feed them.

I hope you are enjoying September as much as I am and I hope you enjoy the pictures!




This is made using a piece of a burlap bag that once held blue potatoes that were planted on the farm (and were delicious)!


The fabric hanging in the window pane has blue flowers on it and the giraffe guy on the crib plays different sounds for play time and sleeping

Kyle made the "S" blacksmithing and we made the ribbon board from a canvas (with a failed attempt at a painting on it), an old towel for batting, fabric, ribbon and buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment