Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saying My Goodbyes

Goodbye to... the zinnias in the front bed that Adah loves to grab, the view of the fields from our backyard, Snowball (one of two cats I have ever liked) relaxing on our car, the short walk down the farm road to the Murrays house, the pond with its loud toads, the pigs and their silliness, Sali and Belle in their big white fluffy coats, the sweet screened in porch, Jamie and the kids randomly popping in to say hello, the biggest kitchen in the world(!), the rowdy cows, being an hour's drive from Raleigh friends, the crazy hens and their scrumptious eggs, the freshest of produce you can get, the lovely coop grocery store: Company Shops Market, beautiful sunsets over the fields, the friendliest of neighbors Gary and Wanda, Harley the german shepherd patrolling the premisses, dear friends Danny, Grace and baby girl Anna, the short forty minute zip to Aunt Lauren and Uncle Brad's house along with the weekly hangouts for Adah and Eva, the Durham Farmers Market, picking strawberries and blackberries from essentially our backyard, the quirkiness of our lovely home with its beautiful uniqueness, the sound of cars pulling down the gravel driveway, baby chicks chirping, the Saxapahaw General Store, the greenhouse teeming with life in spring, the creepy basement I avoided at night, the fruit vine wallpaper in the kitchen, the memories of pregnancy and newborn Adah in this place...

I am thankful for time to say goodbye and grieve what I am leaving behind.  I am thankful for God's peace in this difficult transitional time.  I am thankful that God is going with us to Wilmington and that the next chapter He is writing is going to be just as exciting and blessed as this one.  I am thankful that I am allowed to be sad and excited at the same time.  I am thankful for our two, beautiful years at Sunset Farms.






















1 comment:

  1. Something I have always loved about you is how good you are at goodbyes. On the phone, in person, to countries, to places, no matter the goodbye you feel what you're leaving and I have learned so much from watching you and experiencing you say goodbye. Thank you. As someone who avoided goodbyes, you have shown me that truly saying goodbye is the better way. I love you. I love that you came to Sunset Farms, that I got to be part of that adventure with the three of you, and that you made it your own. I love how you've loved my sister and her family. Goodbye to this sweetest of chapters.

    ReplyDelete