Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Possibly My New Favorite Season

After a long, cold winter I welcome spring with its colors, life and warmth! The smell of freshly cut grass, the purple blooms of wisteria, the wind whipping through the clothes on the line, yellow butterflies dancing, afternoon walks in the sun, the farm teeming with new life, I am in love.  This being Adah's first spring, I think I am more aware of its beauty.  She is getting to experience this for the first time and I feel I am too.  Yesterday was the first day I got to hang the clothes on the line and it was so sweet having baby clothes mixed in with mine and Kyle's.  Adah joined me in the baby carrier, strapped to me, looking up and smiling while I enjoyed the sun and breeze slowly putting up all our clothes.  My hope is to use the clothesline as much as possible but I am oh so thankful for our dryer on days when hanging clothes on the line seems impossible or even dreadful.  After yesterday I am wondering if it could ever be dreadful, but I know better, those days will come.  Happy Spring y'all!


Snowball is very curious of Adah.  I am no cat person and I do not trust them for a second.  Right after this was snapped I chased her off! Doesn't she look like she is about to pounce in the stroller?!


The greenhouse is overflowing with the hopes of veggies to come! It is so dang exciting! Kyle and Chris have a LOT of planting ahead of them.



Thankfully Adah enjoys walks in the stroller the majority of the time.  I am loving getting to dress her in short sleeve onesies and little dresses! It is so sweet getting to see her arms and legs!


One of Kyle's dreams since he was a boy came true for his 24th birthday, he got a remote control airplane! Thanks to family and friends all going in on the gift we were able to surprise him with this plane (which is huge, and so much bigger than the tiny thing I pictured!).  He has so enjoyed getting to fly it around the farm during warm (non windy) days.  And it is quite entertaining to watch him fly it too!


Sunset Farms has its first crop of blackberries coming this year!  Each plant has had to be pruned and trellised.  I wish I had some before pictures, they look so good now!



This is Harlon, Jamie and Chris' youngest son.  He is awesome.  Adah and my walks usually include a tromp through the farm to the Murray's house for a little visit.  Harlon says Adah's name so well and he gives the best hugs and he loves to just run around or "go, go, go" as he calls it.


Sweet frozen banana face!



Sweet Eston, their eldest son, enjoying the hammock.


The farm guard dogs, Sali and Belle.  I always hope they will see me and come barking and running and walk alongside me for part of the walk home.  Isn't this a great accidental shot of Sali's tongue?!


2 comments:

  1. beautiful pics! can't wait for blackberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and your descriptions. I do miss hanging clothes in the sunshine! I also do not trust cats and made the mistake once of leaving Cohen alone with one. Then i heard him cry and later during a diaper change saw the scratch the cat gave him. Happy 24th Kyle! Cohen would love to watch you fly your plane.

    ReplyDelete